SBSTA Closing Plenary
1. Opening of the session.
2. Organizational matters:
(a). Adoption of the agenda;
(b). Organization of the work of the session;
(c). Mandated events.
3. Nairobi work programme on impacts, vulnerability and adaptation to climate change.
4. Terms of reference for the 2019 review of the Warsaw International Mechanism for Loss and Damage associated with Climate Change Impacts.
5. Koronivia joint work on agriculture.
6. Matters relating to science and review:
(a). Scope of the next periodic review of the long-term global goal under the Convention and of overall progress towards achieving it;
(b). Research and systematic observation;
(c). Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5 °C.
7. Matters relating to the forum on the impact of the implementation of response measures serving the Convention, the Kyoto Protocol and the Paris Agreement.
8. Methodological issues under the Convention:
(a). Training programme for review experts for the technical review of greenhouse gas inventories of Parties included in Annex I to the Convention;
(b). Training programme for review experts for the technical review of biennial reports and national communications of Parties included in Annex I to the Convention;
(c). Greenhouse gas data interface;
(d). Common metrics to calculate the carbon dioxide equivalence of greenhouse gases;
(e). Emissions from fuel used for international aviation and maritime transport.
9. Methodological issues under the Kyoto Protocol:
(a). Land use, land-use change and forestry under Article 3, paragraphs 3 and 4, of the Kyoto Protocol and under the clean development mechanism;
(b). Implications of the inclusion of reforestation of lands with forest in exhaustion as afforestation and reforestation clean development mechanism project activities.
10. Methodological issues under the Paris Agreement:
(a). Common reporting tables for the electronic reporting of the information in the national inventory reports of anthropogenic emissions by sources and removals by sinks of greenhouse gases;
(b). Common tabular formats for the electronic reporting of the information necessary to track progress made in implementing and achieving nationally determined contributions under Article 4 of the Paris Agreement;
(c). Common tabular formats for the electronic reporting of the information on financial, technology development and transfer and capacity-building support provided and mobilized as well as support needed and received under Articles 9–11 of the Paris Agreement;
(d). Outlines of the biennial transparency report, national inventory document and technical expert review report pursuant to the modalities, procedures and guidelines for the transparency framework for action and support;
(e). Training programme for technical experts participating in the technical expert review.
11. Matters relating to Article 6 of the Paris Agreement:
(a). Guidance on cooperative approaches referred to in Article 6, paragraph 2, of the Paris Agreement;
(b). Rules, modalities and procedures for the mechanism established by Article 6, paragraph 4, of the Paris Agreement;
(c). Work programme under the framework for non-market approaches referred to in Article 6, paragraph 8, of the Paris Agreement.
12. Market and non-market mechanisms under the Convention:
(a). Framework for various approaches;
(b). Non-market-based approaches;
(c). New market-based mechanism.
13. Cooperation with other international organizations.
14. Other matters.
15. Closure of and report on the session.